Tuesday, July 9, 2013

a tall, skinny babe

Daisy had her four month checkup yesterday! She is now clocking in at 13lbs, 9oz and 26.25" long.
Apparently that is the 99th percentile for height...and only the 10-25th percentile for weight. A true Adams, indeed! We are so proud.

this is what I find after naptime is done

Her favorite activity as of late is doing crunches whenever she is laying on her back. It's pretty impressive, actually. I think she has stronger abdominal muscles than Chris and I combined!

mid-crunch

tummy time champ

She still loves being "dropped" or "thrown" or hanging upside down more than anything in the world. She's always wiggling and moving...even when she's fast asleep. She's getting more talkative by the day, and is starting to laugh out loud at silly faces! And she still has one of the loudest cries/best set of lungs I have heard on a baby her age.

not entirely sure about this whole door bouncer thing
strollin' and nappin' like it ain't no thang

She's also pretty good at sitting up...as long as she has some support and feels like it is a decent time to do so. If the timing is indecent, the Bumbo is her worst enemy. She still has yet to figure out how to roll from her tummy to her back, which is a source of deep frustration during tummy time [and all of the "accidental tummy time" she gives herself when she rolls from her back to her tummy].

first time Bumbo love!
I started making these adorable felt bows and I can't stop.
We've also been to the pool a couple times, and I think she likes that too! She doesn't hate it, at least. I think it's possibly still a bit overwhelming for her, haha.

she doesn't quite understand headbands. this one always ends up over her nose.

umm they're real cute.
Also, she has not had a dirty diaper in nearly a week.*


So don't let that smiling face fool you. 
She is a ticking time bomb.
[and we love her anyway]

*It is completely normal for exclusively breastfed babies to go a long while without having a bowel movement. So don't worry. She's fine :)

3 comments:

  1. I miss that sweet little girl - and I absolutely LOVE the pics of her smiling face and her toes splayed out!
    Wonderful blog Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those toes! so cute! Are you using cloth diapers? Looks like she is a joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a joy, most days! I'll take it :) and yes I am using cloth diapers! Love them so far!!

      Delete